Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hypnosis

Even though there's a whollata science (with application in hypnotherapy, betwixt others) and history (dating back to the Middle Ages!) supporting it, this Doubting Thomas still ain't buying the idea of hypnosis - the same way he's skeptical about faith healing.

In my opinion, it's ludicrous to have any individual hypnotized into an involuntary trance-like state. Is this mind control or subjugation of the senses? Whichever. Or whatever. I doubt anyone can do that to me (but I don't mean it as a challenge).

I've seen shows of people being put under 'spells' and told to do/say things or react/respond in 'preprogrammed' manners, which, quite frankly, I find impossible to believe.

Ed: Tagged this one under 'Paranormal' as (1) it's not 'Random' (2) I'm disinclined to create another label (3) it's as close to paranormality as Roy Neary can get to flying saucers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 subscribe

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered by FeedBurner

dating