Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Little Golden Man

Not too long ago, when I was more of a movie buff than I am now, I would make bold eight-ball predictions come Oscar time. Shall I try my hand again this year?

Best Picture - LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA (Warner Bros). Two exceptional films (its companion piece being FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS) in a year? How can Hollywood possibly pass on that?

Best Director - Clint Eastwood (LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA). He's already got a foot in the grave. Better give him one more statuette before he kicks the bucket (knock on wood!).

Best Actor - Peter O'Toole (VENUS). Sentimental favorite. Plus, he was okay in PHANTOMS (LOL).

Best Actress - Helen Mirren (THE QUEEN). Although I prefer to see Penélope Cruz up there.

Best Supporting Actor - Djimon Hounsou (BLOOD DIAMOND). Not sure if this will encourage or discourage further stereotyping...

Best Supporting Actress - Rinko Kikuchi (BABEL). Because Kok Hoong wants her to win. Heh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 subscribe

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered by FeedBurner

dating