Sunday, May 03, 2009

Overratedness

Everybody loves good movies. Some may not mind bad movies. But no one will like overrated movies. Or maybe that's just me.

This one nabbed two Oscars - for Actress (Frances McDormand) and Original Screenplay (by Joel and Ethan Coen) - along with a slew of other accolades. How? Why? Those 'dark comedic' elements are totally lost on me, as are the many nuances and in-jokes that probably Minnesotans can appreciate better.

I know I'll have brickbats hurled at me when I say this, but Juno - both the film and its titular character - is obnoxious. I thought the script (by Academy Award winning stripper Diablo Cody) was way smart-alecky - to the point of annoying. Come on now, where in the real world do normal people talk like that?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 subscribe

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered by FeedBurner

dating