Saturday, June 23, 2007

FROM DUSK TILL DAWN

5The lockdown: Harvey Keitel, flanked by George Clooney and Juliette Lewis, prepares to slug it out with them bloodsuckers of the night.

One of the first collaborations between GRINDHOUSE auteurs Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino was the Fangoria fantasy FROM DUSK TILL DAWN. I remember when I first saw this fang-filled feature at the classic Capitol Theatre back in 1996, I was completely blown away.
What started out as a crime caper took a dark and devious turn midway when eroticism and vampirism - both personified by Salma Hayek - take center stage. What great fun!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger thanh7580 said...

This movie was totally weird. I didn't know what was happening through most of it. I have to watch it again and pay more attention this time round I think.

7:43 PM, June 24, 2007  
Blogger PF said...

You should! It's totally campy - and it totally rocks!

8:11 PM, June 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 subscribe

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered by FeedBurner

dating