Friday, June 22, 2007

Story of My Hammies

Ever since the tragic 'epidemic' that eradicated my dozen hamsters more than a decade ago, I vowed to never again rear these delicate creatures as pets. As fate had it, however, two such rodents made their way back into my life. The skinny: Mom's (she's working in a hostel) student returns to China and entrusts his mice with her. She brings them home and it now becomes our responsibility. Yes, I could've given them to the SPCA or sold them to a pet shop, but I have my reservations when it comes to human beings 'caring' for animals. You never know who might end up adopting or buying these orphaned critters and I, for one, am certainly not taking any chances.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 subscribe

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered by FeedBurner

dating